- Family-friendly opportunity.
- MCFB Food Fairs now provide 2 different days to serve!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2 - MOBILE MARKET
Location: Peach Creek Baptist Church, 25963 FM 1485, New Caney, TX 77357
MCFB’s Saturday Market Program delivers nutritious food, including fresh produce and refrigerated items, directly to communities with a high need. At each Saturday Market about 200 families will receive groceries for a week. The Woodlands UMC supports MC Food Bank through various programs and donations that are funded by your mission pledges throughout the year. You can learn more about MC Food Bank at mcfoodbank.org
Volunteers will be:
- Setting up food distribution stations
- Registering recipients
- Providing a friendly welcome
- Handing out the food that has been sorted and pre-boxed
- Praying with families
- Cleaning and sorting trash
- Bring work gloves. You will be glad that you had them!
- Children ages 7 years and older may participate. Younger ages are discouraged due to the event occurring in a parking lot with moving vehicles and lifting heavy boxes
- Click on Saturday Market Delivery to sign up.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1 - SORTING AND PREPPING FOOD
Volunteers are needed to sort and prep food for placement in boxes that will be taken to the Food Fair. These pre-packaged boxes will be placed directly into the cars of those waiting to receive food during the Food Fair.
Find out more about Food Fair Prep opportunity on February 1.